It feels as though it was just yesterday I was penning my 21 Things I've Learned in 21 Years post. But it has, in fact, been four years. Oh, how time flies!
14. Success and happiness really is the best revenge. But don't run yourself into the ground chasing goals just to prove something to someone who hurt you.
15. Maintaining a good reputation and being an all round good person will be your saviour when you're the victim of someone else's slander.
16. If someone is dramatic with other people, they'll eventually be dramatic with you too.
17. If you're networking as an introvert sometimes if your face is just seen enough times at events it will help.
18. And networking can also be known as 'knowing a lot of people'. Expand your social circle in general.
19. You can't control who you meet but you can control the person you are when you meet them.
20. Define success on your own terms. If you want to be the CEO of law firm: go for it! If you're quite content with a 'boring' office job: revel in doing what you know is right for you.
21. As long you can make ends meet and live within your means, it's no ones business what you spend your disposable income on. Spend your Christmas bonus on a new sofa or a Batman lego set and tell everyone else to 'eff off.
22. Learn to forgive. Not because someone deserves it, but because you deserve to let go of anger.
23. Private landlords are better than letting agents.
24. Prioritise your health. Go for your six month dentist check-up, find out where your happy place is and visit regularly, find an a form exercise that doesn't make you want to throw things at a wall, eat your daily apple, get tested for STDs and practice good hygiene.
25. Maturity and wisdom is a gradual process. I may look back at this list at 30 and think 'Morag, shut your face' but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
A small note: Admittedly, this birthday will be a weird one. I wasn't planning to do an announcement as to why it's been quiet round here but alas I'll drop it in right now and let people know I'm not dead. I was made redundant recently and Friday was my last day. Right now I'm job searching and attending interviews so blogging - along with all my other hobbies - has taken a backseat (this post was pre-written ages ago). I'll hopefully be back into the swing of things soon aka once I'm employed again. But for now I'm away out to 13th Note with my parents for some vegan nosh (and attending an interview...on my birthday).
Love you all.